Welcome Round dieters!
If you are just STARTING the DIET, go back to Day 1.
Hi Everyone! I really am excited that you are all on the Round Diet! It’s such a simple way to eat, it is completely basic to how humans are supposed to eat. So major kudos to those I’ve heard from and those I have not – all of you!
No Guilt Allowed!
As a human, you are likely to make mistakes, fall off your diet, eat an unRound food–or too much of it, so be kind to yourself and know that it is what you eat most of the time, not some of the time that matters most. There is no need for guilt if you blow your diet for a meal or a day–even a week. Just hop back on the Round Diet and let any guilt fly far, far away with the wind!
Know that you are blessed to be a human with the power to be as fit as you want to be.
The Round Diet Diner
If you were to go to a restaurant specializing in Round foods, the menu might look something like you see here. These are just some of the Round foods you can eat, ones that you should be rotating between while you are on the Round Diet.
You can print a copy of the ROUND_DIET_RESTAURANT (pdf) and put it on your fridge or take it food shopping with you.
Super Round Foods
Apples, almonds, apricots, artichokes, beets, blueberries and other berries, brussel sprouts, cabbage, currants, coconuts, edamame, eggplant, eggs, iceberg lettuce, legumes, kiwi, garlic, grapefruit, grapes, guavas, jimica, kumquats, lemons, limes, macadamia nuts, mangos, melons, nectarines, oats, olives, onions, oranges, papayas, peaches, peanuts, peas and plums
Sliced Round Foods
Asparagus, avocados, bananas, bell peppers, carrots, celery, chestnuts, cucumbers, lettuce, leeks, mushrooms, parsnips, pears, peppers, plantains, pineapple, strawberries, squash and yams
Animal Round Foods (Ignore if you are a vegetarin or vegan)
Beef, chicken, clams, eggs, ham, fish, game, lamb, oysters, pork, mackerel, herring, salmon, sardines, tuna and turkey
Extra Round Foods (small amounts of these)
Cheese, cottage cheese, dark chocolate, herbs, fruit juice and olive oil
Favorite Round Diet Foods
Circle your top 10 favorite foods on the list below, consider them staples and stock them in your kitchen.
My top 10 favorite Round foods are avocados, blueberries, bananas, garlic, oatmeal, olive oil, mushrooms, salmon, spinach and turkey. I eat an avocado every day, blueberries whenever I can –especially for snacks, and the rest on the list are foods I eat several times a week.
Round Shopping Habits
If you keep Round food in mind, you can begin changing any unRound food shopping habits with a trip to the supermarket produce section or your local Farmer’s Market. For those of you who eat mostly fast or prepackaged foods, you will be especially amazed at the fresh, colorful, and healthy Round food that winds up in your cart.
If you are blind without glasses like I am, you will be glad to know that Round Shopping means not having to read labels, meaning you can say goodbye to these ingredients below.
- Partially hydrogenated or Hydrogenated oils: Means trans fats.
- Fortified, enriched, added: Means food that’s been altered or processed in some way.
- Made from natural: Means a natural food source was then processed unnaturally.
- Organically grown, Pesticide-free or No artificial ingredients: Means nothing nutritional.
- Sugar-free, Sugarless or No added sugar: Means more harmful to you than sugar.
- Olestra: Means fake fat that removes good vitamins and will also upset your stomach.
- Enriched flour, Unbleached wheat flour: Means a small amount of whole wheat has been added.
- Nitrates: Means powerful cancer causing chemicals.
- High fructose corn syrup, dextrose or evaporated cane juice: Means refined sugar.
- Lard shortening: Means pure animal fat.
- Artificial food colorings: Means chemicals are used to add color to the food.
- Any ingredient with the word sodium in it: Means sodium.
Avoid entering the center isles–except to gather Round foods and flavorings like spices, whole grains, nuts, olives, beans, and oils. The center of grocery stores may look like the creamy center of a chocolate nougat candy, but it is all a trap. It is not all real food and most of that kind of food is found in square boxes or preserved in bags. We will get into this even deeper in the days to come — so mark this down as a point of interest to look out for if you are interested in knowing more than you need to know, and definitely beyond what any brain should have to endure, but that said — expect a look at what I call “Degrees of Roundness.” This is a very Round and curvy way of thinking that nature dreamed up as a way for humans, like you and me, to recognize the Roundest, healthiest foods so that we will eat them. Nature is smart and wants to keep us alive. This is all part of Nature’s Round code.
About Nature’s Round Code!
- If you have not yet made plans to go to your local Farmer’s Market, then do so.
- Do one or more of these: Dance in your living room, jump on a rebounder, get a foot massage, or take a bubble bath.
- Write in your diary and make special note of how your moods are using emoticons to depict them in your diary.
- Keep making sure are Roundercising every day, even if it is just stretching.
- Know that this diet will make you look and feel stronger, more full of life, and that is likely to pour into all areas of your life.