You are holding strong and eating Round. You’re on a roll!
If you are just STARTING the DIET, go back to Day 1.
Keep your Round habits rolling:
- Eat 3 Round Diet meals and snacks, 2 to 3 hours, stop eating 3 hours before bed.
- Keep your pantry stocked and prepare food ahead of time.
- Take time to relax, visualize, affirm yourself, and write in your diary.
- Find a spot in your day to take a bubble bath, get a massage, laugh your head off or walk on the beach.
- Exercise every day, except for one day a week — even if it is just stretching and taking a short walk.
What to eat today
Remember your portions. If you need a refresher or just a reminder about how much to eat, refer to the Portions baby! page on this blog.
Keep it simple!
If you eat simple Round foods, like the fruity oatmeal below, you life will be simpler and you will be able to enjoy life outside in the world. Here are some examples of what I like to eat. I always make more than I can eat and then store the leftovers in containers for meals later in the week.
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1 cup water
1/4 mashed banana
Dash of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon jam or preserves (optional)
Directions: Boil water, mashed banana and raisins. Add oatmeal and salt. Cook according to the directions on the box. Stir often to avoid lumps. Pour into bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon and top with jam. Oatmeal also tastes sweet and delicious with other tasty Round fruits, like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, raisins, diced apple, apricots and peaches.
Serve: Plate in a bowl with a tablespoon of nonfat milk or
1 turkey breast (skinned)
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon lemon pepper
Salt to taste
Directions: In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and lemon pepper. Spread evenly over turkey. Combine remaining oil and lemon juice and set aside. Place turkey on rack in roasting pan. Baste breast with combined oil and lemon juice. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours or until juices are clear, basting occasionally with juices. Let stand covered for 10 minutes.
Serve: Plate 3 to 4 ounces of turkey with vegetables like any of the ones below, topped with a shot glass full of brown rice. Eat with hot tea.
You can turn these fruits and vegetables into flavorful meals, using your favorite recipe or search for one on the Food network. You can search by ingredient, so that makes it perfect for Round Dieters. Just check the ingredients and omit or substitute unRound ones with Rounder ones.
Make a salad with cabbages, tomatoes, and onions. if you are not a vegetarian, add some of the turkey from the roast above. Add flavor to this mixture with a salad dressing made out of lemons or limes, like one of these All aRound Salad Dressings.
Take a banana with you for a mid-morning snack. Make a mid-afternoon watermelon snack. Simply cut the watermelon, spoon out a bite and eat. 1, 2 and 3! Eat a fig and mango snack for your early evening snack. Eat grapes anytime – just a few here and there…if you start to feel weak or just way too hungry. Then drink a glass of water, and take a walk. Let your endorphins work for you!
How to Roundercise Today
- Do Sweaty exercises for 30 to 60 minutes.
Continue doing what you already do, or get variety by trying something new from the Sweaty examples below.
- Do Shaping exercises for 30 min.
Continue doing what you already do, or get variety by trying something new from the Shaping examples below.
Along with eating Round foods in small portions, by adding Sweaty and Shaping exercises to your day, you will change the shape and size of you body in a healthy way. If you choose Sweaty and Shaping exercises that you enjoy, you will be more likely to keep doing them. There are a zillion, not quite that many, Round exercise to do in this world and all you need to do is pick one or two of that work for you.
Are you a Solo Rounderciser, a buddy or group Rounderciser?
If you are a Solo Rounderciser, you like to work out alone and enjoy the freedom that gives you to be more spontaneous. You can workout anywhere, anytime and likely don’t need my encouragement.
If you are a Buddy Rounderciser, you benefit from working out with a friend who can help support and motivate you. You need a buddy, and if you don;t have one, you might be feeling down and defeated about now — but wait — I’m your buddy and am counting on you to lose the weight you want to. I want to see that picture of you in those jeans and I know you can do it. It’s hard, but you are strong. Do not think otherwise.
If you are a Group Rounderciser, you enjoy working out in classes with an instructor who shows you what to do. You want to enjoy what you do and are likely a people person. You can choose from any number of classes and may also consider a trainer who can show you some Shaping exercises — but call them Strength training exercises.
Sweaty aerobic Roundercises help you increase your stamina so you can keep up with your fit friends, neighbors or energy-filled kids. They improve your cardiovascular health so you can climb stairs and do other normal tasks without huffing and puffing.
Sweaty (aerobic) Roundercises include rebounding, roller-skating, hula hooping, exercising on a fitness ball, jump roping, bicycling, dancing, playing any game with a ball (like basketball, bowling, or golf), rock climbing, skiing (shushing down a curvy mountain), running or jogging, swimming, gymnastics, fancy diving, Tae Bo, treadmilling (running or walking in one place as if you are in a hole), Bikram yoga, and rolling in the hay.
Shaping Roundercises add curves to your body by toning, shaping and strengthening your muscles, all of which help hold your spine and bones in place so that you do not appear limp or lifeless like a wet rag doll.
Shaping Roundercises include bodybuilding (shaping, sculpting, & strengthening with weights), power lifting, isometrics, calisthenics, circuit training, long yoga holds, and daily activities that require repetitive muscle use (like vacuuming, climbing stairs, gardening or playing pool while flexing your muscles).
No Gym? No Prob! Be like Me!
Not everybody can make it to the gym and if you are not likely to join one, you can workout at home like I often do. I like to do exercises on the floor at home while I watch my Tivo’d shows like The Biggest Loser and Top Chef. Every morning and most nights I rebound (jump on a mini-trampoline) that I bounce on in front of the TV. I ride my recumbent bike 4 days a week, take walks 3 or 4 days a week, and I fit in Shaping exercises by doing push-ups, lunges (the best butt shaping exercise in town), squats against the wall and stretching of all kinds on my living room floor.
Measure and weight yourself and note how much in your diary — along with adding everything else in your diary — including visualizing your smaller butt. You will be using your jeans to measure your progress in combination with the scale and a measuring tape.
- Your significant other might pay more attention to you.
- You could become the healthy YOU that you visualized.
- The food you buy rolls away while you are trying to slice it and you have to chase it.
- You might want to buy a sexy new outfit or two to show off your smaller butt and shapely body.
- You will be able to view your naked self in the mirror and not turn away.
- Your friends, family and strangers will want to know your secret.
- Your new Round eating habits will keep your jeans feeling loser.
- You are likely to live longer, feel more energetic, and enjoy a more positive outlook on life.
- Your new attitude and healthfulness may inspire you to love your life more fully.
- Double-check your pantry and make a list of foods to get tomorrow.
- Clean out your fridge and make sure you have tomorrow’s meals and snacks.
- Read last night’s 10 good things you wrote about yourself in your diary.
- Take a moment to feel good about taking charge and eating healthy and Round.
- Have fun, be around kids, or act like one yourself — and have a belly laugh.
- Have lunch with your diet buddy, and if you don’t have one, consider asking somebody to be yours.
- Take a bubble bath.