If you are just STARTING the DIET, go back to Day 1.
Welcome Back Round Dieters!
It’s time to summarize all you are doing on the Round Diet.
Here’s a Round Diet summary:
- Follow the Round Diet Menu Choices from Days 4 and 5.
- Eati3 meals and 3 snacks, 2 to 3 hours apart, every day.
- Drink a lot of water and saying no to adult beverages.
- Shop for Round food around the edges of the store, in a circle, or roaming freely through your local Farmer’s Market.
- Notice how easy it is to see what is healthy food and what is not by looking for foods that Mother Nature grew in a Round shape.
- Prepare your own meals and snacks using fresh Round ingredients, including herbs and spices.
- Use Round cooking methods, like baking, braising, broiling, boiling, grilling, steaming or roasting.
- Take snacks with you no matter where you are – especially if you are away from home for more than 2 or 3 hours.
- Follow a Roundercise Routine, minimum 30 minutes Sweaty (aerobic) exercises 5 days a week, 2 to 3 days of 45 minutes of Shaping (strength training) exercises a week, along with 8 hours sleep a night, taking naps when needed, and taking the time for a bubble bath, a meditation, or just a few quiet moments for yourself.
- Visualize as often as you can, even taking time to draw them and add them to your diet diary — like this one below where you can imagine your greedy, helpless fat cells shrinking from your powerful visualizations.
- Write in your Round Diet Diary — every day, tracking every morsel that passes your lips, jotting down how you feel, and all the other Round Diet Diary details that entail your Round eating day.
- Read your Round Diet Diary and look for patterns that might give you some insight on why and when you are triggered to overeat, eat the wrong food. or sabotage your diet in any way.
- Say affirmations out loud throughout the day to help you feel the power you hold within yourself to be any size and shape you desire.
- Look at the picture of your slimmer self that you put on the fridge or mirror to keep you inspired and focused on your goal – a smaller butt that fits into your smaller jeans.
- Know that if you want it, you can have it!
Prepare for the Week
Buy, in bulk, all the ingredients for your favorite menu choices so you can make all your meals and snacks for the week.
Once home with your Round Diet shopping haul, unpack your food and appreciate its natural beauty and Roundness — show off Round food, like apples and lemons in bowls to brighten up your kitchen or dining room table.
Cook at least 2 days of meals ahead of time. Pick a Sunday or another day to cook as much as you can, then store meals and snacks in containers so you can take them with you to eat out in the world.
Try Flavorful Extra Round Favorites
Hot sauce on eggs, beans, and any vegetables.
Soy sauce on vegetables and any Animal Round foods.Salsa on an omelette, chicken, fish, beans or a salad.
Fresh herbs on veggies, meat, fish, beans, eggs and salads.
Spices on anything like basil in dressings, cumin, cinnamon and curry on chicken or veggies.
Lemon or lime juice freshly squeezed over fish, chicken, salads, and veggies.
Plain yogurt mixed with blueberries or enjoy as a yogurt mixed with lemon juice, a drop of honey and a sprinkle of fresh mint leaves mixed in as a dip for strawberries, figs, apples or banana slices.
Homemade, delicious All aRound Salad Dressing.
Roundercising is key to a firm and shapely body
You should still be following a Roundercise routine like the one below — through the weekend. If you are having trouble finding time, a place, a buddy or anything else, I urge you to at the very least find a workout DVD you can do at home.
Jump or Roll Like Me
You can be like me and jump on a rebounder in the and go for an old fashioned roller skate in the afternoon.
For rebounder and other workout videos, check out RoundTV.
Create Active Habits
- Make time for Roundercising by planning ahead and ignoring your own library of excuses.
- Move your body more, such as parking on the far side of parking lots and walking to your destination.
- Try a variety of Roundercises and give yourself time to learn how to move your body in new ways.
- Refer to Roundercising to get more ideas about Sweaty and Shaping exercises.
- Eat a banana & drink up to 1/2 a cup of coffee 15 minutes before doing Sweaty or Shaping Roundercises.
- Hydrate yourself with water or a sports drink often while working out.
- Try different Roundercises until you find ones that work for you.
- Do exercises you enjoy and know that variety is the spice of any Roundercising life.
- Set realistic goals by taking small steps, rather than training like an Olympian and burning out or giving up before your body has a chance to surprise you and others with its new slim and shapely sexiness.
- It’s what you eat most of the time―not some of the time that matters most.
- The instant you start the Round Diet you are on your way to changing your view of food, and becoming as beautiful as the food you eat.
- Take time over weekends to shop for and prepare food for the next week, such as stocking up on healthy Round snacks, hard boiling eggs and cooking all the chicken you will need for the week.
- Know that you will succeed and do not let anybody tell you otherwise–especially if you have a voice like the loud one inside my head. Know that it is never too late! If you falter on the diet, start over again. If you mess up one meal or a full day, start over again. It is not easy, but knowing you can do it in the end will make a difference. Commend yourself for evolving your eating skills with the Round Diet, even if you eat in an unRound way once in a while.
- Take a walk after dinner for 20 minutes–it all adds up and your body will love you for it.
- Use technology like messenging, emailing, texting, blogging, Tweeting or your calling on your cell phone to keep in close touch with your diet buddy.
- Add hot sauce or hot peppers to any Round food for extra flavor.
- Check off last night’s homework
- Write in your diet diary
- Take a bubble bath
- Get 8 hours sleep
- Be proud of yourself!