If you are just STARTING the DIET, go back to Day 1.
Now that your body is being nourished…
…with healthy Round foods cooked in healthy Round ways, you are likely feeling cleansed and notice that you now look at food differently. This makes your eating choices easier. From now on if all you did was shop for, buy and eat food with a natural Round shape, you would make a huge difference in the size of your butt, the size of jean you can wear, in addition to feeling healthy inside and out.
Start to notice Round food everywhere!
By now you should know what is healthy Round food is and what is not. This diet, or way of eating, is all about changing your view of food and your relationship to it and eating as Round and nutritiously as possible in a world of confusing and enticing food choices! It means eating healthily without being a fanatic about calories, food labels, glycemic index, sugar content, breakdown of good and bad fats, cholesterol or sodium…but you will need to know the difference between a circle and a square.
Be able to recognize Round Foods
These Super, Sliced and Animal Round foods like these are healthy Round foods that you should eat most of the time, dieting or not.
These Shaped and Special Round foods are less healthy and should only eaten on special occasions.
Try these Round Diet Favorites
- Sunnyside Egg Salad for Breakfast
- Radicchiolously Tasty Salad for Lunch or Dinner
- Potato Circles for a snack or side dish. These potatoes will taste as good as any French fry without all the bad-for-you greasiness.
- Artichokes, boiled with the lid off for 20 minutes, drained and eaten with a creamy citrus sauce: 1 tablespoon plain yogurt,1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Let’s get right to it — Bon Apetit!
- By now I hope you are cooking at home, preparing foods ahead of time, storing snacks and meals for later and eating food you bought at your local Farmer’s Market. If your pantry is low on Round Diet food, then I suggest you get out and get the food you need for the week. Don’t be scared, be prepared!
What to Eat Today
Today you get to eat from the below menu choices, which are very much like what you ate yesterday — with added spices and herbs for fancier flavors.
Check out yet another Round Diet video, Eating Round on Day 5 – my beautiful daughter shows you what she ate on Day 5. Note that she is not on a diet to lose weight, but to show you how to eat on the diet as well as noticing how slim she is after eating this way her whole life.
But first…have you been exercising?
Remember to work out, walk, run, go to the gym, or anything to get moving an hour a day. Remember that your balanced Roundercising day might consist of a 10-minute Stretching warm-up, a 30-minute Sweaty morning walk, a 20-minute Shaping set of lunges and squats, a 25-minute Spiritual bubble bath, along with 8-hours of sound Sleeping. Or take a yoga class and get a balance of each of the five types of SSSSSexy Roundercises.
If you are having trouble getting into the swing of exercising, invite someone to be your Roundercise buddy & surround yourself with supportive people. Practice exercises at home or the gym with your kids like I do with my daughter. By supporting her, she supports me. As Martha Stewart would say, “That’s a good thing.”
Today’s Menu Choices and Flavor Ideas
Breakfast: Choose a new breakfast choice or stick with the one you chose yesterday — and be creative with spices…it’s all about the flavors and spices
- 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/4 banana mashed during cooking or sliced as a topper and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup any berries with 3 ounces plain low fat yogurt and a sprinkle of shopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 poached or boiled eggs with 2 slices tomato and 1/4 avocado
- 3 whites only egg omelet with 1 ounce lean ham, a sprinkle of scallions and chopped fresh basil
- 2 ounces tofu with 1/2 cup snow peas and 1/2 cup cooked bok choy with a sprinkle of soy sauce, Chinese Five Spice and a dash of freshly grated ginger
- 1 slice whole grain toast with 1/4 avocado, 1/2 teaspoon chopped red onions, and a squeeze of lemon or lime and a dash of salt
Lunch: Choose a new one or stick with the one you chose yesterday — and try different greens and fresh herbs like basil and cilantro
- Shredded red cabbage, Napa cabbage, radicchio, iceberg lettuce, topped with cooked salmon or chicken — all that you can make ahead of time, store in containers and mix up for lunch during the week.
- Spinach salad with 1/4 avocado, 1/2 red pepper and 1/2 tomato, one crumbled hard boiled egg and a sprinkle of 1 teaspoon of chopped walnuts
- Any kind of lettuce salad with 3 ounces boiled or broiled chicken with chopped celery, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 shot glass sliced almonds, thinly sliced radishes, chopped mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, and a topper of 1/2 teaspoon of sunflower seeds.
- Dark mixed lettuce salad (like Spring mix) with 1 sliced hard boiled eggs, 1/4 red pepper, 1/4 sliced cucumber, 6 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 avocado and chopped fresh cilantro and basil.
Dinner: Choose the same or a new protein, along with your first side dish and your second side dish. You are now noticing the Roundness of the food you are eating — and how easily you can tell what is healthy food and what is not.
Choose your protein (3 ounces broiled, braised, baked, grilled or poached): If you are a vegetarian, skip this section and eat more beans, soy and whole grains.
- Lean beef
- Fish: Halibut, flounder, salmon, sole, tuna, trout, clams or shrimp
- Cornish hen
- Lean pork
- Turkey breast or skinless turkey leg
Choose your first side dish (steamed, roasted or boiled): Try a new method of cooking, like steaming snow peas or roasting asparagus.
- 1/2 cup asparagus
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup eggplant
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 artichoke
- 1/2 onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 cup corn or peas
- Endless greens, like lettuce — make a bed of shredded greens and cabbages and stack your protein and side dishes on top for a low cal, yet high mound of food.
Choose your second side dish: For an itty bitty bite of any of these items, use a shot glass to measure the portions to add your dinner meals.
- 1/3 cup brown rice cooked in fat-free chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- 1 whole wheat tortilla, steamed or as is
- 1/2 sweet potato, cut into bite-size chunks and baked at 400 for 20 minutes
If you need more chewing time: Add a cup of any leafy greens on your plate. For instance, use the greens as a bed to layer your meal choice on, which is also a great way to make your plate attractive and Iron Chef and Top Chef-like. You can also chew slower, which is a good idea anyway since it takes your brain 20 minutes to know you ate and are no longer hungry.
Snacks: Choose one item per snack (3 snacks per day between meals)
- 1 apple or banana or peach or orange or 3 figs sliced and eaten one-by-one with your hands
- 1/3 cup blueberries or 1/3 mango or ¼ cantaloupe or 1/3 cup berries or 15 grapes
- 12 almonds or 6 walnuts or 8 olives or 1 hard-boiled egg (these are high protein snacks that are great to eat after a workout so you can tone up those muscles for a sexier, fat-burning shape that looks great in a small pair of jeans.
- Handful of mixed vegetables, like celery, carrots, cauliflower, bell peppers, green beans, cucumbers, or mushrooms
What to Expect Week 1
Getting Started and Holding Strong
Getting through the first 3 days are hardest, at least for me. You will be eating less food, and likely different food. All those little voices urging you to eat your usual comfort food will do their best to lure you back to their comfort zone. This is where I will call upon you to be strong!
When Hurry-it-up Temptations Occur
Some of you will be tempted to starve yourself or take diet pills, but do not give into any instant gratification needs. Your body can outwit you by going directly into fat-hoarding mode. Starving yourself only leads to your body fattening itself up for the next famine. Taking what you think is a magic pills will take a toll on your liver and kidneys and heart, and it will be too late when it happens. This is where I urge you to eat 3 small meals and 3 small snacks everyday, 2 hours apart.
Getting Caught without Food
If you are not used to eating every two hours, you may find yourself out and about without the right food to eat. For instance, it may be time for a snack but you might be caught in traffic, or a meeting runs too long or you find yourself somewhere without a Round snack food. This is where I’ll emphasize how important it is for you to plan ahead by making sure you shopped for and prepared the food you need for each day ahead of time.
Flavors For the First Time
You will know you are on this diet when food tastes extra flavorful. You will be able to enjoy the real taste of the food you eat. And that is just the beginning. Wait until you have a chance to experiment with herbs and spices that make real Round food taste super delicious.
Make sure you get plenty of sleep and take time for yourself like taking a bubble bath. Being tired and unbubbly can cause binging.
Take a nap, if you can, during the day to allow your body to refresh itself.
Expect the most out of life — all while being patient and focused and able to enjoy every moment on this planet.
- Check off last night’s homework: Make sure you did last night’s homework.
- Write in your diet diary: Continue writing in your diary.
- You can make your own Round Diet Diary with this Round Diet Diary food intake form that you print, copy, and put into the binder of your choice.
- If you choose to draw your visualizations, use a blank page and insert it into your diary.
- Visualize and affirm: Continue to see your fat cells and yourself as getting smaller every moment of every day.
- Make Roundercise plans: Are you on a Roundercise plan? Have you gone to the gym or found a DVD to dance to in your living room? This is important if you want to reshape and slim down your body. Before the day is over, take the time to get in a long and personal best Roundercising hour of aerobic exercise — even if it is just a brisk walk or running on a treadmill. As you know, my favorite is rebounding on a mini-trampoline. But fine something that works for you.
- Call your diet buddy: If you have a diet buddy, call them now and see who calls who first. On at least one day this week, meet at a gym, park or somewhere to workout together.