If you are just STARTING the DIET, go back to Day 1.
It’s your third day!
As with any new habit, the first 3 days are the hardest. So hold on tight, get through today and you will be rewarded with an easier 4rth day. You are likely feeling hungry and the weekend is coming. What will happen when all those eating cues come pouring in with the mere sight and smell of any number of foods that might barrage your senses and make you feel too weak to give in to what ever makes you eat too much, too fast, too often. When this happens, picture yourself in your your smallest jeans and ask yourself if eating the wrong food is in alignment with your goal.
Something else to think about if you do not have a diet buddy to help support you is to find a Diet buddy. Many people find that having somebody to call who is struggling with eating woes as they are, is rather helpful.
At any time, refer to Day 1 to get started with your first 3 days of menu choices and more (also watch a video for Day 1, featuring my delightful student daughter, along with referring to Day 2 where you will eat the same, use recipes, workout more and visualize your fat cells shrinking.
By now you are likely noticing that the Round Diet is more than just eating healthy Round real foods that Mother nature grew in a Round shape. This is more of a way to see food, eat food, enjoy the journey and have fun with getting into the shape you want to be in.
Choose from Day 1’s Meal Choices
Today you will continue eating from the same Meal Choices as Day 1. So keep eating like you did the last 2 days! And if you did not shop for enough meals and snacks for this third day, make it a priority as early in the day as possible. If you are feeling confused about Round Food, refer to the Round Code that also explains what Round food is and why it is so Sassy!
Remember to prepare snacks and meals ahead-of-time! Also, when you are eating these delicious snacks, eat them slowly, such as grapes one at a time–to really tast their flavor. Or, eat snack on fresh snow peas, a staple of mine, many stores now carry them in resealable bags. One of the ways you will know your taste buds are normalizing is when you eat a snow pea or a carrot and it suddenly tastes sweet and extra delicious.
Recipes from my favorite Celebrity Chefs
Cook a delicious dinner recipes from Giada De Laurentiis.
Cook up a Bobby Flay dish for spicy flavors and a fresh take on what you may think are ordinary foods.
Prepare food like Alton Brown, the mad scientist of cooking.
Be a winning chef like my favorite female contestant, Jennifer Carroll on this season of Top Chef!
Be a winning chef like my favorite male contestant, Bryan Voltaggio, on this season of Top Chef!
Keep Burning Fat
Continue with a walk or another form of aerobic exercise like running, biking, skating, rebounding, using a gym aerobic machine or taking a class of any sort for a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 2 hours–1 hour is best in the beginning. Do not push yourself too hard — this is not a race. Also know that if you just ate a full meal, feel free to talk a walk and hold off on the running.
Teaser: Get ready to take a trip to a gym this weekend! You will learn that exercise increases your metabolism and that even a little bit of strength exercises burn fat while you going about your day.
Snack at a Movie
For many people going to the movie theater means fighting the urge to eat buttered eat popcorn and other unmentionables. What I do is bring my own snack, in a baggie or air-tight container. For instance, one of my favorites is to bring grapes, blueberries or kumquats.
To be the best Round Dieter you can be, you will need to keep a diet diary. To keep your own diet diary, follow these steps for each snack, meal and morsel that passes your lips.
- Buy a small notebook that you can keep with you where ever you go.
- Write down exactly what you eat and drink. Make note of portion sizes.
- Jot down when and where you eat.
- Note who you ate with or if you ate alone.
- Use smiley or sad faces or other emoticons to show how you feel.
- Begin journaling the day you start your Round Diet.
- Include any diet visualization notes and draw any images.
- Look at your diary often to look for patterns, along with what works and does not work.
- Use colored pencils, pens and other festive drawing and writing tools that you thought were just for kids.
Imagine yourself with a smaller butt, wearing your smallest jeans, and joining your friends at a holiday party where everyone tells you how great you look! What will you say. How much will y0u enjoy it?
Put these affirmations on your fridge or mirror and say them out loud daily! Your brain will begin to believe what you are saying and your body will move in that direction. You have nothing to lose by visualizing and only a lot to gain…an inner strength you will be able to use in all areas of your life.
- At any time you can refer to the Visualization posts on this blog.
- Know that you deserve to be a beautiful as a peach and as healthy as a bowl of fresh organic blueberries that also happen to be the best food on the planet to keep your brain from aging. And yes, the earlier you take charge of the food that enters your one and only body, the longer you are likely to live and the better you will look while living your healthy and full life.
- Check off last night’s homework: Make sure you did last night’s homework.
- Write in your diet diary: Make sure you are writing in your diary. This will come into play later and tell you a lot about what you eat, when you eat, and why you suddenly want to over eat.
- Prepare to go to a gym: Go to a gym tomorrow, if you can. If not I will have a few alternatives, but it won’t be the same.
- Find a diet buddy: Ask a friend, co-worker or family member to join you on this diet. It is never too late. If not, try an imaginary friend, somebody you may even know. For instance, you can ask them for support and then imagine what they would say. Your mind is a powerful thing! What’s the difference…especially if it works!
Contact Diana (The Round Lady)
Have a comment, question or need advice? Go ahead and make a blog comment or email Diana at RoundDiet@yahoo.com. She will get back to you right away–in Round time.